I know that this does not make any sense to 99% of my friends, but I still wanted to reblog this post here because it gives some idea of what I was doing for the past five days. Except for my tax returns 🙂
It might take several more days, till the new ll_bitemporal_correction function will appear in pg_bitemporal GitHub repo, but it is ready. I finished development and basic testing, and it works.
It means nothing for those who do not care about “the state of bitemporality”, but I know that some people care. For those people, I am happy to report, that finally I delivered what you guys have asked for a long time. Now, you can make bitemporal correction not just to the last effective interval, but to any stretch of time. It may cover several historical intervals, it may start in the middle. It can’t end i the middle, because I didn’t come up with any business case for such situation, but if there will be a demand, I am sure I can provide :). Overall – I am very happy about this result :). Stay tunes – I will…
View original post 42 more words