It was a wonderful weekend. I feel like I am getting more things done here, and I am not sure why.
No, I didn’t resolve all the issues in my apartment. I still need to fix my ceiling lights/fans, and I am still waiting for the rest of my furniture for the dining room. Also, I need to change my driver’s license and mom’s State ID for new addresses. And I didn’t go to the local library yet and didn’t find a new doctor for my mom or me.
The list is endless, but still, I had a fabulous time this weekend. Of course, it helped that we now have summer Fridays, so the weekend started at 2 PM on Friday. Here is what I did this weekend (in addition to the regular errands list)
- I biked to Northwestern twice. The first time, I messed up a couple of times, and the second time was a charm.
- I went to do my nails. I didn’t like the place that much, so I will continue to explore what else is around, but at least I have my mani-pedi, which were overdue.
- I went escorting for the first time since February
- After escorting, I took my mom to the Art Institute to see the Monet exhibit and a couple of other exhibits which will close within the next week
- I biked to the Glenwood Sunday Market (and bought tons of awesome stuff). I was not sure from their website whether they allow bikes on the market, and put a new bike lock in my backpack. But fortunately, they allow the bikes in, which helped to plan my purchases realistically :). I liked his market so much better than the Evanston market! I think I will be going there most of Sundays.
- I made sorrel soup (perfect for the hot weather)
- Also, I made a rhubarb tart
- I had mom and one of my friends over for coffee
- And I went to the beach and even dipped myself into the cold water of Lake Michigan (I will show the pictures in a separate post).
And with all that, I even caught up on some work, these boring parts with paperwork, which you tend to push away beyond all the deadlines.
It feels so much as the life I want to ive!