Here is a brief summary of where I am in my Big Move process.
For my new place.
- My loan is conditionally approved
- The appraisal happened
- Both current owners and I signed a resell form
- I purchased condominium insurance for my new place
- The closing is scheduled for April 28, although I am still trying to close earlier.
For my current place.
- I thought that I packed the first floor last week, but I was wrong. There were still many dark corners. Now I am completely done with the dining room, the living room, and with my and Boris’s desks.
- The painting is scheduled for Thursday, which I guess means that it will continue on Friday.
- I still need to pack the stuff from the hallway before painting.
- And probably to put away at least some of the things which are in the kitchen.
- I asked the same person who fixed my under the sink cabinet whether he will fix the ceiling in the half-bathroom without completely redoing it, and he came and performed a miracle. The thing is that I know that the leakage there happened fifteen years ago, and I didn’t care back then to make it look nice. I knew there was no need to redo this ceiling, and the only thing I regret is that I didn’t get to know this guy earlier! My house could look tons nicer for a very moderate price.
- I packed all my Christmas cookies tins! I will be backing in the new place and sending cookies all over the world again!
- While sorting the papers on my desk and in the file cabinet, I found a document which my loan officer asked for, and I could not find it!
- Also, one medical record, which somehow didn’t make it into the electronic format, and my family doctor asked me about it for years.
- My microwave stopped working! Just when I needed it most! Yea, it turned out it was still under the manufacturer’s warranty, and it was relatively fast to go through the LG system, but the parts won’t be delivered till Friday :(. Yes, I remember how to cook without a microwave :).
On this bright note – back to packing!